"It smells like McDonalds apple pie, I like their pie it is good" -a student... completely random... I think we were doing math at the time... kids are funny. I try to keep laughing.
A new year. I don't really like the idea of resolutions, so I choose not to make them, but I do like to make decisions, in a hope that a decision will be worth more. Time will tell.
So last week I tried to get out of the yard and there was a really big snowdrift that had blown across the lane. I knew immediately that even though I was driving my fun new little SUV this drift was likely to prove to be a little too much. It was tall. And long. But I had to try, it was dark out and there was no one up yet, I would have to get myself stuck and then call for help. That is exactly what I did, I took a run at it... made it about half way and was hung up. 4 Wheel Drive dosn't help much if your wheels are off the ground. Much to my liking my phone decided that there was service out here that morning and I was able to call the house for help (I didn't even have to walk anywhere!) My rescue was a couple minutes, a tractor, and a tug away. It was fairly quick and painless. The point of telling the story? Sometimes you can't do it on your own. I'm not really one to ask for help if I can help it, when it comes to things like getting unstuck I have no problem, but if there is a chance that I can do things on my own I probably will. Or at least I'll try. This is not a good trait when it comes to faith. I'm not supposed to do it all on my own. I'm thinking quite the opposite in fact, sometimes it's ok to be rescued, and sometimes its ok to make mistakes, and sometimes its ok to get some help for along the way.
Sometimes it takes perseverence. Diligence. Endurance. Strength. Discipline. I parallel once again to driving. Monday morning I wake up to 15cm of new snow piled on my lovely Ford. I was not expecting snow so was a little put aback. I turned on the radio just in case I was in luck and school was cancelled. No such luck. I ventured out. The snow was deep, but drivable. (Why do I live here???) Some other brave soul had been the first one down the road and made a track (thank goodness). It took power to get to work that day 4X4 was a real blessing. My point? I hope I have one! Life isn't always easy, but there is a path laid out before you, and although it may take power, patience, perseverence, getting stuck, and it may be hard at times, it may downright suck at times, and though you may loose sight of the road at times and veer off, if you keep your eyes fixed on the destination, eventually you will get there. Never alone. I hope that I take my own off kilter parallels and remind my self of all of these things.
Once Again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside.
Once again I thank You.
.... and someday soon I hope to be able to finish the song with honest sincereity.
Peace.
1 comment:
wow...you had service?! That's awesome...sometimes us stubborn folk ;) need to be taught lessons that seem to make us ask for help...maybe it's just teaching us that when we really need help then we should ask God...yeah...
from smel
Post a Comment