Friday, March 03, 2006

indifference

February is over, thank goodness, each day that passes is one day closer to summer and I can hardly wait for the snow to melt. Not because of any big plans because I actually have none at this point, I just want winter to be over. Winter is cold, and dark, and snowy, and I often feel trapped by these elements (maybe I should move?) probably won't happen. Anyways it is now the 3rd day of March, so things are looking up (except for all the snow that keeps falling down). I'll try not to parrallel anything to driving today however, although my 'adventures' continue, living out here in the sticks, the parrallels will probably get less and less effective, even in my own mind.

So this is my life, I get up, go to work, come home, there is the occasional meeting, and the odd trip to the gym, out for coffee or shopping, but basically, my life is work, and I am indifferent. Things are ok there. Not great, but ok. I am definitly feeling the pressure to find another job for next year, patience, patience. Something permanent would be nice. Anyways, work will happen. It is not just work, it is life that I am indifferent to, and on some level, my own faith, and God. This is a scary position. Not sure what to do about it. I don't think indifference is a good place to be but that is the best word that I have to describe it right now.

I have no incredible stories to tell, no amazing revelations, or inspiring prose. What can I say? It has been winter. A season. I just figured I hadn't posted in a while, so why not, however uninspiring these words may be.

My mind is jumbled with work.... so I will end this ramble.

One step at a time..... hopefully on a path out of indifference. Peace.

2 comments:

mello said...

ramble on sista!
you should move to where I am ;)
you can live with me next year!!!
do it. Seriously man. Do it.
k i hope you're well...I'll come out for a weekend sometime but the plan is to stay here :)
maybe you coudl phone me sometime! Ask me for my number...and see what you get ;)
ha see ya

B C said...

Hey Heather,
I feel your pain. I am having the same problem. another word "complacency". I hate it! Also lonliness. Everybody's getting married or moving away etc. I miss having close friends who actually talk about something worthwhile. We will survive.
love ya, Beth