So. Time flies when you're busy I guess. It has been one month since I started my new job. The past few weeks have gone by quickly. Much has happened, much has changed in my work and my classroom. It has been a fairly good transition and I'm OK with how things are progressing. I can't believe I have to write reports next week, but other than that, things are good. My picture of my ideal classroom is definitly coming into clearer focus as time goes on... I'm already trying to picture what I would do differently next time while I work on what I want to change now. Ah well.
Other than work, my life does not have much else in it right now. Work is taking up a lot of my time these days. One thing on the horizon I hope is moving into town. It is time to leave and I know that. I will miss being here I think, close to my family and being able to see and talk to them almost daily, not that I'm moving around the world, really it is only 20 minutes away... but it will be different. I feel that I really need to be an 'adult' or something and perhaps support myself for a bit? Learn what that is really like? With my own money? All of these foreign concepts that should be old hat for me by now. Somehow I didn't picture myself when I was younger living at home at 28.... funny how things change like that. I think I need to get out in order to really see what I want for my life, to be myself in my own space, to know if this is the place in the world that I truly want to stay. I'm not really sure at this point, so I think I need to find out. So I suppose that is my next step, my next 'big change' or whatever. I look forward to it with some apprehension about change, and some annoyance with the idea of moving to a very 'non-permanent' residence, as renting is an appalling practice that I hope to not do for very long.
Anyway. I suppose that is me. For now.
No comments:
Post a Comment