Saturday, December 22, 2007

snow and holidays holidays and snow

1. I don't particularly like snow. Its ok to look at but beyond that... not entirely enthused.
2. Very happy to have 2 weeks off of work.
3. Looking forward to seeing family over the holidays, some that I haven't seen in quite some time so it should be a good time.
4. I want to see and spend some time with friends over this holiday.... and am open to suggestions.
5. I need to move. I've been saying that for 2 years... perhaps I should make that happen sooner rather than later.
6. I feel almost christmassed out with all the excitement that 25 10 year olds bring to the classroom everyday.... yikes to be 10.
7. I think I've resolved not to make any resolutions but reserve the right to change my mind.
8. I am appalled by the YWAM Denver shooting and am reminded that life is fragile and unpredictable even in what I may consider a very safe place.
9. I don't like snow.
10. Is winter over yet??

I don't know where this list came from but I felt compelled to write in list form today... and once I started I had to make it all the way to 10.

Life is going ok for me. Work continues to be very busy and I am dreading the job hunt that is only a couple short months away, I try not to think about it but its hard not to. I'm really hoping that things work out smoothly this year. As my list stated I'm happy for the break from work. I am tired. And need a little time to re-energize for the months ahead. It has been a busy and stressful fall and I hope to settle into some sort of routine after the holidays and hope and pray that my class cooperates with this plan.

I'm not super excited for Christmas cause my students have sucked the life out of it for me right now, but I'm sure with the arrival of family things will pick up. It should be fun and I'm hoping that it is. The food will be good. That much I know.

Anyway I'm rambling right now... so I'll stop and try to post again before the new year, perhaps with some more stimulating topics or deep thoughts....... whatever.... lol.

Happy holidays everybody. Peace and Joy.

No comments: